|Type of post:||Blue Sky Writing|
|Posted By:||Michelle Neller|
|Date Posted:||Sat, 1 Jan 2022|
Happy New Year! 2021 was another big year for Blue Sky Harmony. These were some of the highlights:
- We appointed Karen Magno as an Assistant Director, joining Jess Harriden and Julie Edwards on our music team
- We enjoyed several chorus social events - an afternoon tea soiree, karaoke sessions and group dinners
- We hosted Sequins and Songs - a networking and performance event for quartets in South-East Queensland (and beyond!)
- We received coaching from Linda Wareham, Vicki Dwyer and Kelly Shepard
- We competed in our first barbershop contest, placing second in our division, with the third-highest score across all divisions
- We chartered as a chorus with Sweet Adelines International! 🎉
- We were the inaugural recipients of the Lindsey Dyer Achievement Award
- We worked with Brisbane songwriters to record vocals for two new songs
- We changed rehearsal venue, from Nundah to Everton Park, and moved from Thursday night to Wednesday night rehearsals!
- We recorded a video of Solstice Carole for the Australian National Choral Association's virtual Christmas concert
- We performed at community events and private functions
- We were supported by The Lord Mayor's Community Fund to purchase sound equipment
- We were joined by eight new members! It feels like some have been with us forever, and we can't wait to get to know others better in 2022.
We've put together a photo collage (below) showing some happy moments from the past year. We wish you all the best for 2022!